Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 46

Thread: Coeburn Cinema

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coeburn Cinema

    Man I really feel for you guys back in SWVA . Movies being one of the few forms of entertainment there , it is a shame that you don't have a high quality theatre . Of course I always went to Kingsport or Blackwood way back then .

    Here are the top ten reasons I have been theatrically spoiled
    10) 75,000 sq. ft
    9) 18 theatres w/ wall to wall screens
    8) hq digital THX sound
    7) high back rocker chairs
    6) clean stadium seating w/ 18" drop between aisles
    5) print your own tickets at home
    4) $5 matinee prices
    3) bathrooms galore
    2) 3 concession stands
    and the #1 reason....
    the butter for your popcorn is in self-serve pumps in the lobby [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coeburn Cinema

    BOO TO YOU!!

    Frankie20sticking20her20tongue20out20February202001

    [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  3. #3
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coeburn Cinema

    I can remember going to the old theatre in Pound back in the early 70's and having a very large rat run across my feet . Place was full of them . I've paid my dues . [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_yomama's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14th, 2005
    Posts
    162
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coeburn Cinema

    Self serve butter is a heart attack waiting to happen. We have it up here at Valley View Theatres. I avoid it at all costs (although it is soooo good.)

    Like Elpn mentioned, the movie theatre in Christianburg was just as bad (or worse) as the theatres in Wise Co. They renovated and put in stadium seating to compete b/c many were heading up here to Roanoke to watch a movie. Maybe Wise co. theatres need to follow suit, something needs to be put in the old Walmart Shopping Center so why not a nice cinema complex?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2004
    Posts
    255
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coeburn Cinema

    The last movie I saw at Coeburn the sound was messed up for at least 10 minutes so, I went out to the concession stand and there was nobody there or anywhere close to let them know that there was a problem. It was only about half way through the movie and nobody working there was even in voice range to the concession stand.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coeburn Cinema

    [ QUOTE ]
    I had a conversation with my boss and we were brainstorming as to what the reason was that business has been dropping off. I'm going to ask you all what is the main reason that people don't go to Coeburn Cinema? Is it the cleanliness, the people that work there, the condition of the auditoriums, the movie selection or is there something else that we're missing? There have been talks of upgrades to the auditoriums, but everything is stalled for at least a couple of weeks while we're waiting on a few other things to come together. Thanks in advance for any helpful insight into this matter.


    [/ QUOTE ]
    so, have we helped out any? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  7. #7
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Coeburn Cinema

    Place sure was packed last night....

  8. #8
    Inactive Member imported_Skeptical's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 19th, 2002
    Posts
    372
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coeburn Cinema

    i believe they sold out jackkass 2 for both night showings
    ICGRM takin' over

  9. #9
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coeburn Cinema

    I had spoken good words for Coeburn Cinema earlier in this thread, but a screening of [censored] 2 last Friday night changed my opinion a bit.

    Trailers were half-screened. One would think that whomever set up the film would stick around to make sure it was framed correctly.

    Then there was the horrible hiss in the audio. I haven't heard a hiss that bad since I cranked up a friend's self-produced garage band album.

    Then there was the jumpy picture.

    Then the seats. Took three tries to find a seat that wasn't so broken down that I had to brace myself against the seats in front of me just to stay in it.

    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coeburn Cinema

    [ QUOTE ]

    Then the seats. Took three tries to find a seat that wasn't so broken down that I had to brace myself against the seats in front of me just to stay in it.


    [/ QUOTE ]

    LMAO, believe me I know what you mean.. There are several rows in the theatre furthest left that are nearly ENTIRELY collapsed. The seats in them will literally fall backwards if you sit in them... there is one seat on the left (close to the screen) that actually has a bottom that drops out when you sit in it.

    They could turn that place into a Haunted House and earn tons of money.. I get the spooks just trying to find a seat in fear of falling through the place!
    Officially retired

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •